Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Civil Wars...


"Poison and Wine"


"Barton Hollow"

Today at work, one of the sales associates heard me humming a tune as I was re-working a table display and he asked me what I was humming. I told him it was a Civil War song and he busted out with  a laugh sure to awaken Dallas. I told him it wasn't a song from the Civil War but that it's a band and he thought that was even funnier. I didn't understand why there was a second laugh but I guess he thought it was funny. 

My sister (once again) introduced me to The Civil Wars which is a duo band partly from Nashville and partly from Alabama. Joy Williams and John Paul White are the voices behind the name, which isn't funny. Their music is actually somewhat serious and deeply entrenched in story telling with love and the emotions that come with it being the subject.

There is passion and true grit in their sound... thus the name The Civil Wars. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...